Friday, November 13, 2009

Odd...

Well its was just an odd sort of day... Ethan's biological father got married today... ( which I'm really happy for him and Stephanie).

Is it odd that I really wanted to be there... just to witness the whole thing.. Jason hurt me deep. It took me years to get over and forgive him...

He hasn't seen Ethan since his 1st Birthday... so 6 years ago... They have had maybe a handful of conversations on the phone with I believe I initiated all of them...

They can't have children and I think deep down I'm affraid they will try and take Ethan away from me. Well not totally away...but to where I won't have him 100% of the time.

Stephanie has already told me that he has started talking about Ethan more and how they should find a two bedroom home so E could send the summers there...

Jason has been paying child support off and on for 3 years. I have never "stopped" him from coming over or contacting Ethan.

I know he isn't a bad person and he is good with kids. I'm just puzzled... how can he treat his own flesh this way and now since he is married and they know they can't have any children... Why now do u want him?

He is the same child he was 7 years ago...

I'm just so confused... I would like for him to have some type of relationship with Jason and Stephanie... but what kind? and I know it won't happen over night... omg i wouldn't allow it!

It would be to much for Ethan...

I have talked to him about Jason and my relationship many times... he knows that Jason is his Biological Father... and now that Stephanie step mother...

He knows they are in MI. and that there is more family up there. He knows the basics of our relationship... not all the bad things... the hurtful things... I will tell him the whole story when he is much older...

I honestly don't know if Jason has changed much. I don't know the reason why he truly doesn't try... is it because he remembers all the hurt he did to me? what he missed out on?

I'm just so confused.

Yes Ethan is only seven so there is always time to build a relationship... but I mean why wait till now? He has been with Stephanie for 2 years... She has already told me that her family would like to be apart of Ethan's life and accept them as their own...( which is nice and all but strange to me )

Well I'm off to take a hot bath and try to relax... Please any ideas or advice would be great...

3 comments:

  1. Wow Tarah that is crazy. You know they want what they can't have together. Since HE has a son and they now know they can't have kids then why not play the happy family with YOUR son. I agree he and his father need to have a relationship BUT it is not their place to, "take over". Ya know I have to question HER motives because she if she truly cared for Ethan then she would have encouraged Jason to have a relationship with him years ago INSTEAD of waiting till they found out they couldn't have one of their own.
    OR maybe he now realizes what he's missed with Ethan, but either way his new wife should have encouraged him to be a father to Ethan.
    It seems like they are thinking along the lines of, "ok so we can't have a kid, so why not play house with the kid from my previous relationship who I have no sort of bond with. How about we borrow him and play house for awhile then send him back to his mom".
    Oh so now it's CONVENIENT for him to be a daddy?
    I'm sure you were BOTH mom and dad for awhile and I'm sure their were times when you wanted to do things and couldn't because you had Ethan and Jason wasn't there to help out. I'm sorry your going through all this but I would seriously be questioning their motives at this point. Like you said, it's good that he wants a relationship with him but why now? Why does he want a relationship with him once he found out his wife can't have kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is an OLD post, but I find this interesting because my son has a biological father who has no contact with him and I've often wondered what I would do if he suddenly showed up. I don't want to share lawson with him, I dont feel like he deserves it, but at the same time I dont want to keep him from lawson either, he was part of my life at one time and is part of lawson. My husband seth has been there since I was three months pregnant so he is Lawsons dad no doubt about it, and we have a little girl now that is his sister, but I still feel like one day Lawson will want to know this man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just for ur FYI... if he hasn't had any contact with Lawson for 6month... and no child support for 6 months... you can have Seth adopt him with out asking the Bio Dad to sign over parental rights

    I know I was worring about this at the time... Jason has yet to keep in "real" contact with Ethan... I'm not to worried now.. but I know Ethan would like to meet him... Again I know that the only thing that is holding Jason back is Jason...

    ReplyDelete